The G2 Touch is the fully touch-screen older brother of the popular T-Mobile G1 handset, and includes a whole host of new features.
Some of the most popular features of the G2 Touch phone are its 3.5mm headphone jack (the 3.5mm audio has been noticeably absent from previous HTC Android phones), multi-touch capability, and ofcourse full support for Adobe flash player.
The T-Mobile G2 Touch will also be the first Android phone to include a custom built HTC user interface known as 'Rosie', along with the HTC specific HTC Sense UI.
A Guide to The G2 TouchThe HTC Sense user interface allows for far better widget customisation of the Android home screen that will enable users to display their most favoured information directly from the main Android screen.
The G2 Touch will also feature an industry first teflon coating that will help prevent chips and scratches on the handset. The phone's unique finish also includes smudge and finger print protection to help keep the handset clean.
The full specs of the T-Mobile G2 Touch include:
- Screen size: 3.2 in (81 mm)
- Screen resolution: 320 x 480
- Input devices: Capacitive touchscreen, trackball
- Battery: 1350 mAh
- Talk time: 470 minutes (GSM) to 420 minutes (WCDMA)
- Standby time: 440 hours (GSM) to 750 hours (WCDMA)
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus
- Digital compass
- Qualcomm MSM 7200A 528 MHz ARM processor
- RAM: 288 MB
- ROM: 512 MB
- microSD slot (SDHC compatible)
- Operating system: Android
- Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (GSM 850, GSM 900, GSM 1800, GSM 1900)
- Dual band UMTS/HSPA (UMTS 900, UMTS 2100)
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR & A2DP
- Mini USB (HTC ExtUSB)
- 3.5 mm audio jack, microphone, speaker
- Size: 112 mm (4.4 in) (h) 56.2 mm (2.21 in) (w) 14.35 mm (0.565 in) (d)
- Weight: 135 g (4.8 oz) with battery